Slip-and-falls are a serious issue. Don’t approach them lightly.
According to the National Safety Council, falls are the leading cause of injury-related death. For instance, in 2015 alone, more than 33,000 people died from falls.
Fortunately, falls can be prevented. After all, person’s age and/or overall health doesn’t cause falls; environments do. Offices, public spaces, and other kind of places should take precautions to create a safer environment for their customers, clients, and employees alike. Some common precautions include:
- Removing clutter, small furniture, cords, and throw rugs
- Rearranging or reducing furniture to create more open spaces
- Securing carpets to the floor
- Wiping up liquid spills immediately
- Ensuring walkways are smooth and free from ice
- Using non-slip adhesive strips on stairs
- Utilizing non-skid mats or appliques in the bath and shower
- Installing grab bars in the tub, shower and near the toilet
- Installing railings on both sides of stairs
- Providing adequate lighting in all areas
If those in charge of these environments don’t take the necessary and appropriate precautions to prevent slips and falls, that’s where we come in.
At Huber & Palsir, we understand just how damaging and life-threatening falls can be. If you’ve recently experienced a serious fall, you need an attorney who can advocate for the benefits you deserve.
If you’ve slipped and fell, one of our tailored Philadelphia attorneys at Huber & Palsir will fight on your behalf. Please reach out to us for a free, no obligation consultation at 877-767-0409 at your earliest convenience.
You can count us. We look forward to hearing from you soon.