Be Aware of These 7 Types of Birth Injuries
Have you recently experienced a complication during childbirth?
The Huber and Palsir team of Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyers have successfully litigated these malpractice suits throughout Bucks County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia, and Warminster. For the previous 20 years, we have represented individuals you have suffered serious injuries from physicians or hospitals.
Likewise, we are well-equipped with the right skills and expertise to handle birth injury cases, especially in the following situations.
That’s why we understand just how serious, dangerous, and life-threatening medical malpractice can be. According to Stanford Children’s Health, these are some types of common birth injuries:
- Caput succedaneum, or the swelling of soft tissue on a baby’s scalp
- Cephalohematoma, or bleeding under the cranial bones
- Bruising or forceps marks, especially on the face or head
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage, or the break of blood vessels in a baby’s eyes
- Facial paralysis, or nerve damage on the face
- Brachial palsy, or the nerve damage of those which operate the arms and hands
- Fractures of all kinds
Additionally, birth injuries aren’t exclusive to the child, but also the mother. Unfortunately, many pregnant people die every year just from having birth.
As a result, those who have had a history of birth injuries should be extra cautious when pursuing pregnancy again. However, we’re on your side if you need our support at any time.
If you or your baby have recently experienced an incident of medical malpractice regarding birth injuries in the surrounding Philadelphia area, let us be the attorneys to fight on your behalf.
Please call us for an obligation-free consultation at 877-767-0409 as soon as you are available. We look forward to hearing from you soon.